FireScreen includes two series of PU topcoats fire retardant. IT01TOP is the series of clear matt topcoats, while IGNITOP identifies the series of pigmented topcoats. They are indicated when it is needed to apply a topcoat that gives a Class 1 or Class B fire retardancy to the product. The series is characterized by excellent smoothness to the touch, uniformity and coverage, good surface hardness and light fastness typical of polyurethane products. It is necessary that these topcoats are applied on clear IT01PRIMER or white IGNIPRIMER30, applied as per technical data sheet. They can be applied to fire retardant substrates of various wood essences with the exception of ones veneered with thermoplastic glues or cellular structure (honeycomb). The substrate treated with the sanded sealer must be clean, free of dust or other substances that would limit optimal adhesion.
- Product code: IT01TOP – Clear PU topcoats for general use
- Product code: IGNITOP – White PU topcoats for general use
- Application method: Brush, spray and curtain coater
- Final use destination: Furniture, furnishing accessories, flat parts in general, profiles
- Available colours: Clear, white, oxide red, orange, lemon yellow, oxide yellow, blue and black
- Available packaging: 5 and 25 kg
- Available gloss levels : 10, 20 and 30 gloss
- Peculiar features: The use of special fire retardant additives makes these topcoats suitable for use in coating systems that follow the most important and recognized standards in the world. It is also necessary to follow the instructions in the related TDS, in order to benefit from the certificate of suitability for the products that will be included in public and private environments.